Lower Matecumbe - A house caught fire and burned Wednesday on Lower Matecumbe Key.
Deputies and firefighters responded to 106 Madeira Court at 4:30 p.m. to reports of a fire. When Deputy Dave Stark arrived, he found the house engulfed in flames.
Deputy Nestor Argote spoke with the owner, 71 year old Sergio Felipe, who said he thinks the fire started in a generator on the south side of the building. Deputy Argote offered to contact the Red Cross to obtain assistance for Felipe, but Felipe refused, saying he had family and friends on the way to assist.
The fire was extinguished by 6:30 p.m.