October 14, 2012

Fire destroys home on Loeb Avenue

Key Largo – Deputies and firefighters responded to a residential fire on Loeb Avenue in Key Largo Saturday afternoon.

Deputy Sever Hustad arrived at 223 Loeb Avenue at 3:17 p.m. and spoke with the home’s resident. The victim said he was cooking chicken on the stove when the grease caught fire.

He said he tried to put the fire out with water, but it spread up the wall. Firefighters from both Key Largo and Tavernier responded and extinguished the blaze, but the mobile home suffered extensive damage.

The Fire Marshal’s Office will be investigating.

No comments:

Post a Comment