Two patrols took place in the Lower Keys in January, one on the 19th and one on the 26th. On those dates, deputies working the special details had the following activity:
· 42 Traffic Citations issued
· 21 Written warnings issued
· 2 open containers found in vehicles
· 8 field sobriety exercises conducted roadside
· 2 DUI arrests made
· 9 vehicles searched for contraband and/or weapons
· 17 verbal warnings given
· Felony amount of “Spice” seized; warrant pending after FDLE test results are obtained.
This operation was conducted in cooperation with the Monroe County Coalition for a Safe and Drug Free Community.