Sheriff’s detectives are investigating multiple burglaries and attempted burglaries to businesses on Stock Island.
• Hansen and Bringle Cabinets – the owner arrived at work at 3:20 a.m. Monday to find a window broken, a cabinet pried open along with a lock box. A shed was also broken into.
• El Mocho Restaurant – The owner arrived at work at 6 a.m. Monday to find the cash register tampered with and cash gone. Suspect made entry through a rear window.
• CBT Construction – The owners reported someone broke into their trailer, which was parked at a property on Avenue A they were working on, and stole tools and equipment inside.
• S & V Hardware – Deputy Matt Dowling was on patrol at 6:20 a.m. Sunday when he checked the property and found someone tried to pry open the side door of the business. There was considerable damage to the side door and the lock that secures it. A shed on the property that belongs to someone else also showed damage from someone trying to force the door.
• Standard Marine Supply – The owner arrived at work Sunday afternoon to find someone smashed a window at the rear of the business. It does not appear any entry to the building took place.
Anyone with information about these crime should contact the Sheriff’s Office. Callers may also contact Crime Stoppers of the Florida Keys. Tipsters can remain anonymous and, if a tip leads to an arrest in the case, the caller would be eligible for a cash reward. The Crime Stoppers hot line number is 1-800-346-TIPS. Tips may also be submitted on line at www.tipsubmit.com or via a text message to 274637 using the keyword TIP136.